It’s officially linen season. Sure, it tends to wrinkle more, but don’t let that scare you… there are so many feel-good and smart reasons to wear linen when the weather gets hotter, aside from the fact that it looks beautiful and fresh:
- It’s a stiff fabric that doesn’t cling to the skin, and can quickly absorb perspiration
- It remains cool in hot weather
- It is a smooth fabric and is lint free
- The fabric becomes more beautiful with age, and gets softer the more it is washed
- Its history is filled with folklore and romance
Linen is a natural fiber, and is among the strongest of the vegetable fibers (it’s 2 to 3 times stronger than cotton). Made from the cellulose fibers inside the stalks of the flax plant, you can technically consider it to be a vegetable.
It’s truly a win-win.